A recent Chronicle article suggests that with the mainstreaming of e-books there should be more reader-friendly services such as the following:
- Let me subscribe to my favorite authors.
- Keep books updated for one price.
- Buy a print copy, get an electronic copy too.
- Give more of my money to authors.
- Indie bookstores should sell e-books.
If I could pick one of the 5 myself, I would go with #3. And if I were to add one to the list -- it would be, let me more easily lend or share my digital books. My wife and I like to share books, but too often we are unable to do so with our ebooks -- unless we were to trade our devices.