Monday, December 24, 2012

Do You Need a Building Permit?

One of the most common questions people ask is if they need a land-use permit from Greenwood Township for their project. No two Cities, Townships or Counties are exactly the same in their requirements for when a land-use permit is required and when one is not required. In Greenwood Township, a land-use permit is required when a structure is constructed, reconstructed, moved or structurally altered, including the addition of basements. A structure is defined as anything more than 30 inches in height and includes portable buildings and swimming pools. Land-use permits may also be required for certain land alterations such as filling or excavating, temporary residences and parking of recreational vehicles on lots in certain circumstances. A land-use permit is also required if you are adding an additional bathroom or bedroom even though you are not changing the footprint of your structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment